Corbetos’ Boots uses own and third party cookies for strictly functional purposes, allow web browsing, as well as for analytic purposes, show advertising (both general and customized) based on a profile created from your browsing habits, to optimize our site and check customer’s purchased products reviews.
For further information check our Cookies policy.
Clink on Accept All button to confirm that have read and accepted the information shown. After accepting, we won’t show this monthsage again, unless you delete your cookies from your browser.
Corbeto's Boots - Boot fit guide:
Here you will find some information and tips for those who have never worn one of our cowboy boots, camperos boots or engineer/biker boots. We hope this guide will help you to choose the right size for your new pair of boots and know better how they should fit:
1. Order the same size you usually wear on a regular shoe, if you wear sport shoes we suggest ordering one size smaller, due our boots usually runs bigger than this kind of footwear.
2. If you are having troubles to get your boots on and off, don’t worry that’s normal: use the pulling straps located at the top of the leg and pull with strength always with your feet on the ground (a bit of talcum powder inside boot’s leg will help your foot slide easier) bit to bit will see that your foot slides into the boot. For those of you who might be handicapped, we strongly suggest the use of short or long boot hooks to help you with the fitting doing a minor effort.
When it’s time to get the boots off, our advice is to use a boot jack: a wooden, metal or plastic wedge that lets you get the boots off easily, quick and without damaging them.
3. If you buy a boot that at the first time easily get on and off, probably they are too big and after a time wearing them your feed will feel too loose inside. Boots must fit snug to your feed, not loose or very tight but must firmly hold them. Due all our boots are made with genuine leather is 100% sure that they will stretch and after a time you will feel them much more comfortable.
4. There are three basic points where is based the fitting of a boot: instep, heel and ball.
Instep: Unlike a regular laced shoe, boots have the instep as unique part to firmly hold your food so a good fit on the instep becomes truly important. Boot must fit snug on food instep to ensure it is not too loose and be able to walk comfortably. If the instep fits too loose, the movement at the heel will be excessive: go for one size smaller could be advisable or even use boot insoles or thicker socks to get a better subjection.
Heel: Due to the construction system of our boots we will always feel some slippage at our heels when walking, this is completely normal and it does not mean that the boots are too big. This happens when a boot is new because leather and rubber soles are rigid and not too flexible. As more we use our boots more flexible the sole will be and the movement at the heel will go down.
Foot’s ball: for a perfect fit we should try that the widest part of our food - called “ball” – rest into the widest part of the boot, this way when walking we get a better balance and greater comfort.
5. The sock that we use to wear with our boots can affect in its fit. We suggest wearing thin cotton socks during the first days of use for an easier getting on and greater comfort until the leather has stretched after that we can use a thicker sock if necessary. Our special socks for boots, due to their comfort and soft gripping, can give you this extra help you need.
Take note that sock’s thickness may vary boot fitting up to half size.
6. When you are in doubt between two sizes we suggest go for the bigger one: the use of boot insoles or thicker socks will hold better your feed into the boots getting a good fit.
7. The kind of leather which the boots are made of can also have influence about the right size to choose: some leather stretches more and faster than others as for example suede, goat or snake skin. For these cases also consider taking a smaller size than usual.
If you have any other doubt or question, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or calling to our customer service (+34) 933 020 642 / (+34) 630 60 53 10, we will be pleased to assist you.
©CORBETO’S BOOTS - All rights reserved. No partial or total reproduction of this document is permitted without prior authorization.